Chief Operating Officer
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail us with your résumé and a cover letter:
Humans for Education is seeking a creative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated person. This volunteer position is ideal for someone passionate about community development and quality education. This team member will work directly with the President to develop budgets, plans, and strategies. As well as assist in executing fundraisers. Our journey is just beginning and we need BIG talent to make a BIG difference.
Participate in financial and business planning, review financial reports, and advise the CEO about financial decisions.
Supervise the daily administration of the organization's offices and the operation of equipment and facilities.
Manage the budgeting process and ensure auditing and accounting policies are followed.
Oversee the staffing of the organization, hiring, training, employee benefits, and the retention of employees.
Monitor internal processes, and identify and employ the most efficient methods of running the organization.
- Assist with (a) organizing special campaigns, (b) researching potential donors, (c) researching new fundraising markets
- Create and execute short-term and long-term strategies for fundraising
- Work to build long term strategies for donor growth and retention
- Create system for when donors should be contacted based on their previous donation amount
- Help maintain database records
- Audit finances spent by all schools
- ALL work must be saved to the Google Drive folder labeled: Chief Operating Officer
- College student or recent graduate
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail
- Passion for problem-solving
- Strong commitment to Humans for Education’s mission
- Interest in data analysis
- Resourceful and energized by working at a start-up company
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and excel
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
The start and end date will be determined once you have been accepted, but the dates are negotiable. Typically all internships last at least 3 months and require at least 10 hours of work per week.
This is an unpaid internship, but is a fantastic way to gain experience working in the nonprofit sector. As an alternative, we are glad to give academic credit to those eligible. This internship is also eligible for those looking to work remotely.