Graphic Design Internship
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail us with a cover letter and resume with either a link or PDF of your portfolio. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered:
Humans for Education is seeking a creative person who has a positive outlook and believes in creating change in the world. Must be artistically inclined and have the ability quickly learn our style and branding. Our journey is just beginning and we need BIG talent to make a BIG difference. This intern will aid the President in making presentation materials such as press kits, mailers, and the annual report.
- Design digital and print materials for fundraising campaigns and events
- Produce marketing materials like pitch decks, annual reports, and donor materials
- Further develop the Humans for Education brand
- Creation of website assets, as well as brainstorm website improvements
- Support our international teams through digital material creation
- Create logos, banners, fliers and advertisements
- Create digital assets for social media channels and email
- Be creative!
- Recent recipient of/working towards design-oriented undergraduate degree
- Mastery of full Adobe creative suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Independent and solution-oriented
- Takes initiative and works well under deadlines
- Basic photography/videography knowledge
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Demonstrable understanding of and skill in design, layout, color and typography
- Dedicated work ethic
- Thinks BIG!
The start and end date will be determined once you have been accepted, but the dates are negotiable. Typically all internships last at least 3 months and require at least 10 hours of work per week.
This is an unpaid internship, but is a fantastic way to gain experience working in the nonprofit sector. As an alternative, we are glad to give academic credit to those eligible. This internship is also eligible for those looking to work remotely.