Communication and Media Internship
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail us with your résumé and a cover letter:
Humans for Education is seeking a creative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated intern. This internship is ideal for someone passionate about community development and social justice. This team member will support the delivery of our communications on multiple platforms (such as social media, newsletters, and donor letters) and help develop a social media strategy.
- Drafting letters to partners, sponsors, and donors
- Research content for social media posts
- Assist with maintaining editorial calendar
- Schedule social media posts and make minor updates to the website
- Generate content for bi-weekly email newsletter
- Create something new: take on one project of your own that helps to advance the company's mission. This is your opportunity to build your professional portfolio and leave your mark on the company.
- Help develop a social media strategy
- College student or recent graduate
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail
- Passion for problem-solving
- Strong commitment to Humans for Education’s mission
- Interest in data analysis
- Resourceful and energized by working at a start-up company
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective social media engagement as a personal and business development strategy
- Proficient use of Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and/or other photo editing software
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and excel
- Can navigate Squarespace websites
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
The start and end date will be determined once you have been accepted, but the dates are negotiable. Typically all internships last at least 3 months and require at least 10 hours of work per week.
This is an unpaid internship, but is a fantastic way to gain experience working in the nonprofit sector. As an alternative, we are glad to give academic credit to those eligible. This internship is also eligible for those looking to work remotely.